Whether you are three or 14 years of age tennis is open to all children. Our aim is to focus on developing participation growth to help more young people get on court. Our Club Junior organiser Lisa Hornsby, works alongside Dan and his team to make tennis as accessible as possible.
- junior competitions
- competitive tennis in local and county leagues
- use of courts at Oakham Tennis club for juniors
- Group lessons for children of all ages (tots (3-4yrs), mini-red (5-8yrs), mini-orange (8-9yrs), mini-green (10yrs), full Tennis (11yrs +)
- Individual tennis coaching (all ages)
- Junior squad programme
- Performance coaching for children looking to compete in higher-level national and international tournaments
- School Holiday Camps – School holiday camps provide clubs with an opportunity to engage children aged 4-16 with the sport of tennis and the club.Children stay active and healthy while having fun with their friends in a safe environment.
This is for 11-18 year olds who are ready to test their skills on a full-size court. Our approach to helping children into the sport makes it far easier for them to develop their skills and progress with their tennis.
Participating in Mini Tennis will be beneficial to children on many levels. Their confidence will grow as they progress through the stages. They will get all the benefits of regular physical activity too. Their work on the court will help them to keep fit, healthy and happy. They’ll learn the fair play values of tennis as well – these encourage good behaviour and sportsmanship.
Tennis is not just about winning or losing. It is about enjoying sport with a smile on their face.
We want children to flourish in an environment where they feel comfortable and feel like their skills are continuing to improve.